Position: Protective Services Operator
Assigned: Mobile Division
Reporting to: Area Supervisor
Pay Scale: Level – G2
UCB1-GPS is currently hiring for Mobile Protective Services Operators (Overnights / Weekends)
The Mobile Operator is responsible for providing support to our field teams while enforcing security/safety programs that enable the company’s assets to function according to the guidelines, quality standards, and operating objectives of the company.
Summary of essential job functions/duties (not an exhaustive list):
• Conducts site/post inspections as assigned to reinforce officer safety rules, ensure adequate coverage and security supplies and equipment, security signage, and compliance with post orders.
• Visits client representatives to ensure satisfaction with services provided; knows post orders for all accounts assigned.
• Investigate complaints; ensure proper attendance, appearance, report keeping and vehicle operation.
• Responds to calls for assistance and significant incidents reported by PSO’s.
• Be prepared to actively stand post when site is experiencing labor shortages.
• Providing adequate supervision of Protective Services Operators.
• Documenting PSO activities that require disciplinary actions.
• Provide on- site training to PSO’s.
• Refers problematic issues to Area Supervisors / Operations Manager and make appropriate recommendations
• Attend meetings and trainings as assigned.
• Other duties assigned by Area Supervisors / Operations Manager.
• At least one year of successful and verifiable supervisory experience preferred.
• Hold current and have ability to maintain a valid security license
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff and the public
• Understand and follow standard operating procedures
• Perform duties in a professional manner and appearance
• Write and investigate required reports
• Make independent and good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedures
• Able to work rotating shifts in a 24/7 environment on short notice
• Have instructional and supervisory abilities.
• Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record
• Must be able to use tools and equipment required.
• Certifications in Lawful Subject Control, Crisis Intervention and First Aid/CPR
• Law Enforcement Diploma or Military experience an asset
• Experience with enforcing TPA and in situations where arrests are made
• Be physically capable of performing the required duties
• Basic knowledge and use of integrated security systems
Job Type: Full-time
- Security: 3 years
Required licenses or certifications:
- Valid Ontario Security License
- Valid Ontario and/or Quebec Drivers Licence
- Clean Driving Abstract