Assignment: Intelligence Analyst
Reports to: Director, Surveillance & Intelligence Section
- Analyze available information to:
- Understand how patterns of criminal activity are linked
- Target individuals and their networks
- Identify trends in crimes patterns, for example fraud, theft, organized retail crime
- A degree in criminal studies, social science, business administration, commerce, mathematics, statistics, law or contemporary studies, or letter of equivalency from a recognized Canadian post secondary institution.
- Collecting information from local, national sources
- Updating intelligence records on databases
- Analyzing data using specialist software
- Building up a picture of crime clusters in an area
- Monitoring the behavior of suspect individuals or groups
- Using intelligence data to help assign tactical resources
- Establishing a network of internal and external contacts in identifying criminal trends, exchanging information and criminal intelligence.
- Communicating analytical findings through the participation in presentations as an criminal intelligence resource and attending, conducting and organizing conferences and training courses.
Skills & Qualifications
- Advanced experience using MS office applications (excel, word, access, power point)
- Knowledge of various internet search databases
- Knowledge of CAPRA model of intelligence gathering
- Experience with specialist software packages (Analyst Notebook, iTrak, etc)
- Secret Level Clearance or ability to obtain such or higher
- Former military or law enforcement experience an asset
- Conscientiousness and reliability
- Innovative thinking
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and memory retention
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- The ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- The ability to build good working relationships with other departments and agencies
- Good teamwork skills
- The ability to work to deadlines
- An understanding of data security and confidentiality issues
- Good timekeeping and a willingness to work flexibly.
For more information contact email@example.com or complete the recruiting form below.