UCB1 Global Protection Services. – Ottawa, Ontario
UCB1 is looking for the right candidate to fill our role for our Dispatch Operations Supervisor.
Reporting to: Operations Manager
This important role based out our head offices will be responsible to oversee staff scheduling and dispatch operations across Eastern Ontario.
- The Scheduler is responsible to ensure that all work assignments are fully staffed according to job requirements.
- Responding to requests for service and dispatch guards in an expedient matter.
- Document all work hours, time differences and employee changes in the online systems to ensure accuracy.
- Scheduling – ensuring vacancies due to absences of any kind are filled with the most suitable and qualified replacements
Specific Duties Performed and Essential Functions: but are not limited to
- Maintain master schedules for all security job sites across all company locations (Branch or Head Office)
- Respond to client, guards and internal service inquiries.
- Manage the additional costs of training time and un-billable overtime by the appropriate selection of staff to fill vacancies.
- Assign new staff and re-assign staff according to site requirements and established procedures.
- Ensure all vacancies due to any kind of absences are filled with the most suitable and qualified replacements.
- Maintain and provide all reports as required by management.
- Ensure data relevant to employee lateness, illness, absence, recommendations for disciplinary action, resignations, etc. are documented and communicated to management.
- Recommend disciplinary action to the Operations Manager, in respect of employees who are continually late or absent from duty, who refuse work assignments, who fail to report for work without prior notice, or who generate client complaints
- Maintain the confidentiality of all information relative to Company operations and personnel.
- Communicate in a diplomatic, courteous and effective manner.
- Represents and promotes UCB1 interests both internally and externally.
- Ensures UCB1 branding standards are met.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Completion of high school or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- 1-2 years as a scheduler in a similar environment
- Understanding of the application of legislation including Employment Standards, Human Rights, Health & Safety, and Privacy Legislation.
- Efficiency in oral and written communication Superior customer service orientation
- Ability to self-manage recruitment process
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate
- Ability to track and analyze scheduling trends
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience working with staff scheduling systems and ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Customer care & consulting skillset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with employee groups and building partnerships at all levels of the organization
- Shares knowledge and capabilities; builds relations with other Districts and Regions
We provide competitive pay rates and significant opportunities for career advancement!
UCB1 Global Protection Services. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applicants who are Aboriginal peoples, women, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by UCB1 Global Protection Services., including, but not limited to: criminal police information check (CPIC) credit reference, background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED).
Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.