Location: Ottawa, GTA Region
Assignment: Security Technology Group
Position Type: Contract / Part Time
- Possess solid working knowledge of the design, installation and functionality of CCTV Surveillance Systems, Access Control Systems, Public Address/Intercom Systems, Intrusion Systems and Control & Display Systems.
- Perform installation, commissioning, troubleshooting, diagnostic, and maintenance activities.
- Provide consistently high levels of customer service and enhance the organization’s reputation throughout the marketplace.
- Be responsible with a company vehicle /property and be willing to travel in Ottawa and surrounding area.
- Participate in the company on-call program for after–hour and emergency service.
- Advocate and adhere to the UCB1-GPS health, safety and quality programs.
- Attend to customer issues in a timely manner, and provide appropriate written responses to document worksite activities and status.
- Identify new product and project opportunities to support business growth and sales activities.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Desired Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Work experience minimum three (3) years in the security, electronics, telecommunications or IT industry, with proven experience with complex installations.
- Completion of a high school education with preference to a post-secondary education in security, electronic or information technology.
- Must be able to pass criminal record checks and to obtain proper security clearances.
- Must possess a valid vehicle operator’s license and a clean driver’s abstract.
- Experience required with the following technologies: IP networks and workstations, low voltage power, electronics and communications, Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 7, MS Office.
- Experience and/or certification an asset with the following technologies; Access Control, CCTV (IP and Analog) Surveillance and Intrusion Systems, Client-Server security applications, Servers and Storage Arrays.
- Strong command of the English language with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to write technical customer documentation and to provide on-site customer training.
- Strong analytical and problems solving skills with a proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to learn and to work as a team member.