Protective Services Supervisor
About the position:
The PSS is responsible for monitoring Protective Services Operators (PSO’s) to enforce security/safety programs that enable the company’s assets to function according to the guidelines, quality standards, and operating objectives of the company.
The PSS must provide staffing, leadership, mentoring and training in a professional, confident and customer-oriented manner.
Summary of essential job functions/duties (not an exhaustive list):
• Conducts site/post inspections as assigned to reinforce officer safety rules, ensure adequate coverage and security supplies and equipment, security signage, and compliance with post orders.
• Visits client representatives to ensure satisfaction with services provided; knows post orders for all accounts assigned.
• Investigate complaints; ensure proper attendance, appearance, report keeping and vehicle operation.
• Responds to calls for assistance and significant incidents reported by PSO’s.
• Coordinating PSO Schedules and making timely notifications regarding schedule issues and call outs.
• Be prepared to actively stand post when site is experiencing labor shortages.
• Providing adequate supervision of Protective Services Operators.
• Initiating disciplinary actions.
• Provide on- site training to PSO’s.
• Refers problematic issues to Operations Manager and make appropriate recommendations
• Attend meetings and trainings as assigned.
• Other duties assigned by Operations Manager.
• At least one year of successful and verifiable supervisory experience preferred.
• Hold current and have ability to maintain a valid security license
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff and the public
• Understand and follow standard operating procedures
• Perform duties in a professional manner and appearance
• Write and investigate required reports
• Make independent and good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedures
• Able to work rotating shifts in a 24/7 environment on short notice
• Have instructional and supervisory abilities.
• Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record
• Must be able to use tools and equipment required.
• Certifications in Lawful Subject Control, Crisis Intervention and First Aid/CPR
• Law Enforcement Diploma or Military experience an asset
• Experience with enforcing TPA and in situations where arrests are made
• Be physically capable of performing the required duties
• Basic knowledge and use of integrated security systems
• Tactical Uniform with exterior protective vest provided (assignment specific)
• More than standard uniform and accessory issue
• Ideal for Security and Law Enforcement career-oriented individuals
• Intermediate and Advanced Training Offered